Skip to main content

Contact us to arrange your
FREE initial consultation

Call me back Email us

When a child suffers serious permanent injury from medical mistakes or a negligent accident, the impact on the child and their family is devastating.

What are children compensation claims?

Compensation claims for children with cerebral palsy, severe neurological injury, acquired brain damage, and other disabling injuries, such as blindness, spinal injury or amputation, require skilled handling by specialist solicitors to ensure that the child receives their full entitlement to compensation.

Whether the injury was caused at birth, in early childhood or teens, our experienced medical negligence and personal injury lawyers have the expertise to achieve the highest  compensation settlements for our clients.

Each claim is tailored to meet our client’s individual needs.

No win, no fee child injury claims

We offer initial advice to new clients free of charge. Each claim is tailored to meet our client’s individual needs.

We use interim payments to ease financial hardship and meet our client’s immediate needs. This allows us to support our client families as they begin rebuilding their lives. Our clients benefit from early, large interim payments to pay for therapies, specialist equipment, rehabilitation, suitable accommodation, special education and care.

Get help today
  • No upfront costs & no win, no fee
  • Expert rehabilitation help
  • Free & no obligation initial advice
Making a claim

Meet your specialist team

Our specialist Children's claims team are considered leaders in the field and have a significant amount of expertise.
Susan Brown photo

Susan Brown


Ruth Meyer photo

Ruth Meyer


Laxmi Patel headshot

Laxmi Patel


Claire Roantree headshots

Claire Roantree


Janata Ali

Janata Ali

SEN Specialist

Susan Brown photo
Ruth Meyer photo
Laxmi Patel headshot
Claire Roantree headshots
Janata Ali

Why choose Boyes Turner?

Our clients receive the highest standards of advice and representation and are always treated with compassion, outstanding care and understanding of the physical, emotional, psychological and financial impact that life-changing injury can have upon their lives.

  • We are nationally acclaimed children’s solicitors. We are recognised as leading experts by Chambers Directory and Legal 500.
  • Our award-winning solicitors are accredited for our expertise and secure maximum compensation settlements for our clients which make the best provision for their current and future needs.
  • We have an extensive and highly experienced teams with proven skills to succeed in high value, complex claims involving severe disability caused by medical mistakes or accidental injury.

Read more about Boyes Turner

Children's claims frequently asked questions

Why should I make a claim?

A claim can secure funding for rehabilitation as well as help families prepare for the future.

Read more

When should I seek advice on making a compensation claim for an injured child?

We advise parents or guardians of an injured child to contact us as soon as possible after the events which caused the injury.

Read more

Why use Boyes Turner?

We understand the stress, worry, emotional heartbreak and daily struggle faced by parents of a severely injured child. We know how difficult life becomes for families dealing with the financial impact of a child’s disability and the courage it takes to reach out for help.

Read more

How can compensation help my disabled child?

Compensation claims can help support disabled children with key transitions or new life stages:

Read more

Who looks after the child’s compensation?

The court requires compensation for a vulnerable young adult if over 18, to be protected by a Court of Protection appointed deputy. Boyes Turner’s medical negligence and injury lawyers work closely with our Court of Protection team, so that deputyship is set up as soon as an interim payment or compensation payment is agreed.

Read more

Can I get help with my child’s special educational needs and choice of school?

Every child has the right to an education which meets their needs. Many parents are unaware that they have a say in the choice of school. Sadly, whilst the law gives rights to children with special educational needs, in practice local authorities may be unwilling to provide adequate support and funding. This is where we can help.

Read more

How can you help us to challenge a local authority on my child’s education?

Our special educational needs (SEN) lawyers will provide you with as much support as is needed. Some parents find that with a little expert guidance they can handle the process themselves.

Read more

When should I seek help from an SEN lawyer?

Many of our clients have already recovered compensation or are in the process of making a claim following the accident or medical negligence which caused their child’s disability.

Read more

I need to arrange a deputyship for my child, can you help?

We act as a professional deputy for many of our child, teenage and young adult clients. We get to know our clients and their families well, and provide friendly, practical support. It’s good to know that professional does not have to mean impersonal.

Read more

How can your Court of Protection team help me?

If your child needs help with their financial affairs, our specialists will:

Read more

Our most recent cases

We have a vast range of experience, here are some of our cases:

Read more

Common claims for compensation

Some of the most common claims arise from accidents or medical mistakes, such as: 

  • Birth injury – cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, birth trauma from maternity care mistakes;

  • Neonatal injury – brain injury to newborn babies from errors in treating jaundice/kernicterus, infection, hypoglycaemia or VKDB;

  • Childhood accidents – child pedestrians, cyclists or passengers in road accidents, school or leisure injury;

  • Childhood injury - from negligent medical care causing sepsis, meningitis, brain injury, blindness, TB;

  • Teenage accidents or medical injury; 

  • Student injuries – brain injury, meningitis, sepsis.

What compensation can my child claim for their injury?

What is a litigation friend? Why does my child need a litigation friend?

How are children’s compensation claims funded?

What are the time limits for compensation claims for children?

Who decides to settle the claim for the child?

Previous Cases

View all

Awards & accreditations

Our medical negligence and personal injury teams have been nationally recognised for over 20 years because of their expertise, empathy and commitment to securing maximum compensation for our clients.

              Lifetime Lawyers Logo Brake | The Road Safety Charity

What our clients say

"Amazing support"

We are extremely grateful for Laxmi Patel’s support in our son’s appeal against the LA that we won! Laxmi has been brilliant in getting us ready for the hearing, coordinating the evidence and the witnesses and arguing in the hearing! We appealed section F and won on all fronts (including inclusion of new outcomes in the EHCP as a consequence of changing provision). Laxmi has been extremely responsive, always on the lookout for strategies to bring us to the best position in SEN tribunal! She has also advised us on school choices and other challenges we had with the LA! She is extremely knowledgeable, approachable and responsive! Thanks so much Laxmi we will be forever grateful! 


"Tribunal for placement"

Laxmi helped with my son tribunal case in regard to section I of his EHCP. Our tribunal got brought forward by 6 months early, not giving us much time to get everything in place. Laxmi was great and said we can do it even with just little time left to get prepared and ready for the Tuesday. As a parent, I didn’t know what we needed to send or do, Laxmi took the time to explain everything to us and what we needed to do to prepare for the tribunal. Laxmi went above and beyond to help us and successfully won getting the school we needed for are son to start in September 2024. I would highly recommend Laxmi to take on the local authority in regard to any EHCP appeals. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us.


"Guiding us through EHCP and transition"

James Pantling-Skeet helped us prepare my daughter's EHCP to gain a good placement for the future. He was patient, extremely knowledgeable, had brilliant contacts, helped withe emotional upheaval and organised meetings with all parties to keep everything on track. We had the best outcome we could have had due to his professionalism. He was very caring too.

He and his team worked tirelessly and answered our queries promptly. I would highly recommend their service.

Boyes Turner Client

"True experts and lovely to work with"

We had the pleasure of working with Lydia Dunford at Boyes Turner who guided us through a tribunal with our LA to get our son's EHCP accurately reflecting his challenges (and subsequently the support/setting he needs). Having spent years getting nowhere, Lydia's counsel resulted in a successful outcome, and our son now has a place at the best possible school for him. Lydia is a true SEN expert - she is supportive and explains things clearly and concisely in what can often be an emotional journey for us parents! We highly recommend her and Boyes Turner.

Clare Turner

"Everything you would want in Solicitor!"

For over a year (maybe even two, time flies!) we have been working with James trying to negotiate a tricky situation with the local authority in relation to the care needs of our child who has complex needs. James and Daisy (paralegal) have been incredible throughout, and we are eternally grateful to them for helping us achieve the outcome we were looking for. Thorough, responsive and ready to roll with every punch that was thrown our way. We would not have the current outcome without them. Their professionalism is unmatched but also their empathy and kindness has been a breath of fresh air and made the process that bit easier.

I would highly recommend James and Daisy, the dream team! Thank you both from the bottom of our hearts.

Rated Excellent 4.8/5