Skip to main content

Contact us to arrange your
FREE initial consultation

Call me back Email us

Boyes Turner’s specialist mesothelioma claims team were instructed by the family of Mr S who died of mesothelioma following his exposure to asbestos whilst working as a storeman.

Mr S had worked as a storesman for Cameron Mechanical Services Limited at the North Cheam depot in the 1970s. Camerons had the contract to convert domestic gas appliances for use with natural gas.

A former colleague, Mr B, also later died of mesothelioma. Mr S died without making any statement about his working history and exposure to asbestos. As a result of a witness appeal in the Sutton Gazette other gas fitters who had worked for Camerons came forward to help. They provided information about asbestos materials used in the gas conversion work and kept in the stores where Mr S had worked.

Judgment was obtained on the basis that Mote Ltd (the successor of Cameron Mechanical Services Limited) had failed to protect Mr S from exposure to asbestos at work and that this had caused his mesothelioma and premature death at age 72.