Leading personal injury and medical negligence solicitors
Faulty consumer product claim
Our claims lawyers have extensive experience in advising a number of claimants with bringing compensation claims for defective consumer products.
Personal injury claims
Personal injuries sustained by the use of a defective product have hit the headlines in recent years and they include the 'toxic sofa' claims where individuals suffered an allergic reaction from faulty leather sodas. The reaction ranged from mild rash to red scaly and blistered skin in the worst cases.
Other defective consumer products include:
- Defective pushchairs
- Electrical good which have led to house-fires and subsequently causing injury to occupants.
- Hair dye claims for people who suffered burn injuries and allergic reactions after using hair dye
- Motor vehicle parts where people have been injured following either an accident due to faulty brakes or fires/explosions caused from leaking fuel.
Our team is also experienced in successfully handling claims on behalf of people who have suffered from food poisoning and allergic reactions from the use of cosmetic products.
Some of our successful claims include:
- Compensation for a six year old girl who was playing on a new trampoline. As she got down from the trampoline using the ladder on the trampoline (supplied by the sellers). She slipped and fell to the ground injuring her left elbow. It was established that the ladder should not have been supplied and it was not fit for purpose.
- Success for a client who sustained second degree burns after a glass jug cracked. A product liability claim was brought against the retailer alleging negligence and breaches of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) and the Sale of Goods Act including that the jug was not fit for the purpose for which it was bought. A glass specialist confirmed that there was a chemical mismatch in the enamel on the jug and the glass, which meant that even light contact by stirring the jug on the inside would cause the jug to break.
Thank you again for everything, I am so happy that I can finally look towards the future and start drawing a line under the accident and putting it in the past where it belongs...I don't think I've felt this happy in ages, it's like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders just knowing that it's all done.
Miss M, London