Driver accident claim

If you are employed as a driver then the chances are that you will be out on the road far more than the average, and with increased driving comes increased risk of being involved in a road traffic accident. If there has been a collision then your claim will usually be against another road user, but your employer is responsible when: 

  • The equipment provided is faulty.
  • The vehicle you are asked to drive is unsafe.
  • No training is given in the use of specialist vehicles or equipment.
  • You are not advised upon the need to take regular breaks from driving.
  • Your job includes delivery of large and heavy items that need to be manually handled.

An employer’s duty of care

Your employer has a duty to: 

  • Provide safe equipment and roadworthy vehicles.
  • Provide any necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
  • Train staff in the operation of specialist equipment and vehicles.
  • Ensure compliance with the Working Time Regulations 1998 which specify the need for regular breaks from driving and the limits on the time that can be spent behind the wheel.
  • Training in safe lifting and carrying, and the provision of equipment to eliminate the need for manual handling wherever possible.

If you are a professional driver, such as a car, van, lorry, taxi or bus driver and  you have had an accident at work which was someone else’s fault then you may be entitled to bring a personal injury claim.


Thank you again for everything, I am so happy that I can finally look towards the future and start drawing a line under the accident and putting it in the past where it belongs...I don't think I've felt this happy in ages, it's like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders just knowing that it's all done.

Miss M, London 

Get in touch

Please get in touch 0800 124 4845

Or we are happy to call you back at a time that suits you

Office open Mon - Fri: 08:30 - 18:00