Skip to main content

Contact us to arrange your
FREE initial consultation

Call me back Email us

Boyes Turner’s personal injury claims specialists have secured a £625,000 compensation settlement for a motorcyclist who was injured in an RTA collision with a car.

Our client was hit head-on by the car which was being driven on the wrong side of the carriageway. He suffered devastating major trauma, with multiple orthopaedic injuries, including fractures to the bones of both arms (distal radius and ulna), right little finger, acetabulum bones of both hips, and the thigh bone above the knee joint (distal femur). Other injuries included blockage (occlusion) of the femoral artery, injury to the ligaments in the left knee, complete left sciatica (compression of the sciatic nerve) and nerve palsy. He also suffered fractures to the bones of his  nose and face. He needed multiple surgical procedures. He also suffered depression and psychological injury.

He made a reasonable recovery from his injuries but is left with permanent disability from the injuries to his lower back, pelvis, arms and legs. He has become increasingly disabled from rheumatic osteo-arthritis in the right hip and left knee. He is likely to need surgical replacement of his hips and knees, with additional further revisions,.

At the time of the accident our client was working part-time in retail sales whilst working as a DJ following his studies at music college, to develop a career in the music industry.  His compensation included a claim for future loss of earnings arising from his inability to return to that work owing to his physical restrictions.

We pursued our client’s claim, issuing proceedings against the car driver. A compensation settlement of £620,000 was reached during negotiations with the defendant’s insurers.

If you or someone in your family have suffered serious injury caused by someone else’s negligence and you would like to find out more about making a claim, you can talk to one of our specialist solicitors, free and confidentially, by contacting us here.