We were instructed by the daughter of Mr and Mrs Jones. Mr Jones had been employed as a gas fitter and had worked for William Press and Son from 1969. He had carried out gas conversion work during the course of his employment when town gas was converted to North Sea natural gas. Sadly, Mr Jones died before we were instructed so it was not possible for us to obtain any witness evidence from him about his exposure to asbestos. He died of pneumonia, a condition from which he had been unable to recover due to his underlying asbestosis caused by exposure to asbestos.The claim was particularly difficult as the family didn’t know precisely where Mr Jones had worked nor what he had been doing that resulted in his exposure to asbestos. Nonetheless, we were able to use our knowledge of asbestos-related occupations, and search our extensive database of previous claims to pull together witness evidence sufficient to persuade the defendant that the claimant would win the case. The defendant made a settlement offer in the sum of £40,000 which Mr Jones’ family were happy to accept.